Monday 16 July 2012

Farewell Uluru

Monday morning and I am packing up to head along the road to Kings Canyon.   The sun is shining into the van after a very cold morning.   There is usually a breeze in the mornings but warm in the sunshine.  I spent most of the day either viewing  Uluru from afar or just sitting quietly in places being with the ancient spirits around the rock.  The plants here are wonderful and so much bush tucker at the right season.  Native figs and plum trees. 
It is interesting talking to fellow travellers.  There is a couple from Tas who have brought their pushbikes and are riding out to the rock everyday.  Another couple from Switzerland (who now live in Australia) who have an old swiss army "truck" (1959)   converted into an offroad van.  They travelled overland from Europe years ago and now go across the deserts in it.
The campground here is excellent.  Busy but quiet.  Heaps of families.  I remember when my mum and dad took us  camping over Australia in 60s.   I am grateful for the those times and appreciate the effort that went into it with the old car and the big tent.  


close to the beautiful Uluru

8 comments:

  1. Hi Barbie,
    You are in heaven by the looks of those photos they are amazing, the light must be magic. I love to follow your blog and travels with Myrtle she looks to be very cosy. i wish I had your courage to do what you are doing and alone, but the chance to get to meet fellow travellers and share stories is wonderful. I will tune in again in a few days time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Brenda. It is good doing the blog - it is as if your friends are coming along for the ride. I wish I had someone was sitting next to me in the front seat singing Crocodile Rock with me! xx

      Delete
    2. I remember when our nights were young , me Barbie, Brenda, Yvonne and Kerry had so much fun.....LALALALALALA LALALALA
      I'm well and truely on the blogging trail now.
      Your breathtaking photography vividly takes us on your magical itinery Barb.The cool but cosy nights, the conversations, the changing colours of mother earth and the dahl sound so romantic. Love your journey -you are amazing and inspirational Barbles
      But the biggest kick I ever got was doin' a thiong called the Uluru rock....LALALALALALALLALA LALALA XXXX

      Delete
    3. Hi Annette, oh how I love singing along to Crocodile Rock!!!!
      Thanks Annette! I think I could do with some essay writing tips for my blogging. xx

      Delete
  2. I am so very happy for you BB - you are a true inspiro for many who are sharing with you - remember this .......I can feel your courage and solidity. Always xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Lian so much. It is nice to have your support on my journey. Sometimes the courage is hard work. xx

      Delete
    2. The time thing is playing tricks with me and it is now Tuesday 17 July (well I am pretty sure it is and it is about 1.35 pm.)

      Delete
  3. Loose yourself in the time and let the universe provide!

    ReplyDelete