Wednesday 25 July 2012

Daly Waters to Mataranka

Up the highway again!  Another long drive and by the time I got to Daly Waters I had enough.  Instead of stopping at the roadhouse I turned off the highway for 7 ks into Daly Waters "township".  I had overhead the night before that they had a pub there and caravan park.  Well along the road I thought there can't be anything out here and then there is a camp ground with hundreds of vans and a pub that is packed with people.  I got put in the overflow park as the other one was booked out.
Then Marina and Pascale arrived and we went to the pub for a shandy and a bit to eat $7.50 for a shandy!!!  And then a barra wrap.   There was entertainment but we went back to the vans as we could hear it from there.  Very unusual place and very popular.  Photos later!   A short drive of 150 ks to Mataranka - I called in at the Homestead and had a float in the hot spring pool before heading to Bitter Springs to book in at the campground and now I am off to float down the hot spring river!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Barb, I'm back home now and able to read your blog. Sounds like you are having a wonderful trip, just love that you are meeting some nice people, and able to catch up with some familiar faces when you stop.
    It really goes without saying that I hope you have a fabulous time. Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Beth. How was Canada and your newest grandchild???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barb> Loving your blog thanks. It is bringing back very fond memories> Ormiston Gorge is one of my most favoritist places. We had Barra at Daly Waters as well! I'm so excited you caught up with Merrin Clayton Amy and Sarah- how amazing. Glad the girls allowed you to unleash your inner child.
    Going skiing tomorrow with Galen Students and Jim is the supervisor. Looking forward to it. It will be my first visit for the season. Running training for the Sydney to surf not going too well. Gyll and I both getting over coughs and colds!
    Hope you continue to enjoy your travels- they sound great. Luv Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Donna. I just loved Ormiston Gorge. It seems hard to imagine snow at the moment as it is so hot in Katherine. There are so many people in city to surf you may not get a chase to run - it maybe a slow shuffle! It should be so much fun! x

    ReplyDelete