Saturday 7 July 2012

Day One and Day Two

I'm in Adelaide!!!! 
I will add to the post later when I have time.  I am at my friends' place, Joy and Andrew,  (I was bridesmaid for them 38 years ago - it was their wedding anniversary yesterday).  I have been so tired in the evening after driving that I have not had the energy to blog.   So watch this space!!!   I am off to the Adelaide market today  -  yummmm!  More Later!
 It is now later!!
 Day One - Thursday     I finally left Stanley in the afternoon after much packing, cleaning and organising.  I found it hard to believe I was actually leaving!
Thank you everyone for your love, support, goodbye hugs, etc.   I am so fortunate to have so many wonderful friends in my little corner of the world.   Myrtle and I trundled down the highway with our new friend (or foe) the Navman GPS.  I was thinking of heading across country towards Ballarat way with the help of Navman but he took me a bit too cross country (dirt roads/gulleys) and it was getting dark,  so I decided to head to Melbourne and call in and see my niece Belinda, her hubby, Cory and Will and Amy and to start again in the morning!  I had a very comfy night sleep in the van - so warm - I was glad for the extra blanket and doona I threw in before I left.

Day Two - Friday
I decided to give Navman another chance to redeem himself and he helped me navigate the freeways out of Melbourne off towards Ballarat so I may forgive him.   I decided to head straight to Adelaide and do the scenic route to Mt Gambia on my return home.    It was a long drive but interesting as the countryside looks amazing and I haven't driven some of that way before.  I arrived after 7 pm and the Navman helped me find Joy's house so I will keep him!   Another night in my home on wheels - tiny but warm and cosy!

11 comments:

  1. hey there dear one -great to hear you are off and running- thinking of you often Lian xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!! i knew i should have burned that freakin spider woman costume when i had the chance!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. I can see it now 'spider man climbs Uluru'!!

      Delete
    3. Toooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmm

      Delete
  3. Ohhhhh so very funny- lovin that the 'she devil' has not be left behind L

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no shame in having a spiderwoman costume! I hope you took it with you Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barbs,
    Great to talk with you today, I really felt like I was there with you! I love that Rock!!!! and can feel its power by connecting to you there.
    After our call a double rainbow appeared at mayday with the end of the rainbow right across from me on the other side of the road! It was certainly a message from that Giant warlu (Rainbow Serpiente) that hangs out at the rock! Cant wait to hear about your adventures tommorow.
    Love Lees

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Lisa,
    Yes The Rock is an amazing place and I loved hanging out there. No photo can do it justice. It is such an interesting place! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a just a bloggin' test to see whether or not I can reach the invicible spider woman- here goes ...

    ReplyDelete