Thursday 12 July 2012

Close to the Rock

In the Northern Territory!    Came through Cooby Pedy yesterday.  Strange place - did not make me want to stay there.  Mullock heap mounds everywhere for at least 20 k out of town.
A strong cross road wind yesterday and Myrtle didn't like it at - she is a bit top heavy and it took a lot of effort to keep her on the road.  Petrol prices around $1.73 today and just looked at the bowser where I am stopped at Erlunda and it is $1.84. 
I camped at Cadney Park last night and had a bowl of pumpkin soup at the pub - I think they just boiled the pumpkin and pureed it in the water as no taste - however I am grateful that I did not have to cook. It is the first "meal" I have bought "out".
SA have some weird road safety billboards - DON'T DRIVE LIKE A .... - and a picture of a door knob, or a picture of a Anchor with a W in front of it and also a picture of a rooster  What The......
It is about 3 pm so I think I will camp the night and head into Uluru in the morning.

4 comments:

  1. That was quick. hows uluru? I now have an adventures with myrtle icon shortcut on my phone ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From your daughter btw...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will head to Uluru soon - I am 20 ks out at the campground. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha dont drive like a Rooster,,,,,,, golden!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete