Tuesday 17 July 2012

Alice Springs

I am tucked up in bed in my little home away from home.   I arrived in Alice Springs late this afternoon after a long drive from King's Canyon.  It is very busy and lucky to get a spot for Myrtle for the night.  It is going to be minus 2 tonight but they don't usually get a frost as no moisture in the air.
On my long drive I saw people on pushbikes! They would be pedaling for over 300 ks.   How tough would that be??   King's Canyon was nice and I did a walk however my fear of heights got the better of me and I didn't do the walk up the steep stairs and around the top of the cliff!  I am sure there will be more gorges etc that I can work on my fear!  
It is so nice to get comments as I feel like I have company on my journey.  It is easy - just select profile then name/url - You just put your name and don't fill in the URL bit.  Thank you for reading my blog!  Also tell me any news from home or where ever you are!  I will probably put some photos on tomorrow.
I watched TV for the first time tonight since I left.  I realised that I haven't been missing it at all.  I will pack it away again in it's box!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara. I am enjoying reading your diary. Sounds like you are having a fabby time and you made the right choice to travel with Myrrrrtle. I am early shift so haven't been able to return your calls. Will try again later. Hae fun. Missing you. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Yvonne. Will talk to you later. Yes Myrtle is lovely and behaving herself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey how about some photos of Myrtle in her various locations? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber I will have to chat to you about putting in a gadget about following with email - I tried but didn't know how to answer some of the questions!

      Delete
  4. You make all this look easy? blogger barbie... love to keep posted haha.xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do? It is fun once you get into it! Thanks Lian. Good to know you are out there. Otherwise it is probably like being a radio announcer and wondering if you are talking to yourself. It is a great way for me to keep a record of my trip. A bit like homework but more enjoyable.

      Delete
  5. Hi Barb,
    I've finally caught up with your link, and forwarded your email to others today. It's so great to read of your exploits with Myrtle!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ali, it's great to enjoy the journey!

      Delete
  6. Hi Ali,
    Say hi to the exercise group for me! xx

    ReplyDelete