Thursday 2 August 2012

Discovering Darwin

Mindil Beach at Sunset - I wanted to tell the woman to go away!

Everyone goes to the beach from the market to watch the sunset
Lunch, a haircut and then a reflexology foot massage, followed by Mindil Beach sunset market.  A pretty good day!   I bumped into my caravan park neighbours at the market - I hadn't spoken to them before this but noticed them standing near me when I was watching the sunset so had a chat to them.   There were soooooo many people at the markets and on the beach.  (Nobody swimming though - mmmm I wonder why!    Also went to the WW Oil Tunnels - so much history here and the affects of the war on Darwin.    Also saw the memorial to the Telegraph link from the Eighteen Seventies  (I think)   Interesting as I had been in to see some Telegraph Stations on the way up the Stuart Highway.   The moon is amazing tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment