Sunday 5 August 2012

Still Darwin

On Friday night I went to the deckchair cinema with Sandra my new camp ground friend.  We went to see "Where do we go now" (a film set in Lebanon).  It was a great night.  I loved the movie and sitting in a deckchair under the stars was such a wonderful way to enjoy a night out.  They have dinner to buy by a local caterer and wine and icecream so it is a real social event.  We even had fireworks to watch at the beginning as it is a long weekend for the Darwin Cup.
It is not easy getting a good night sleep in the camp ground.  It is very busy here being peak season and some people near me were up at 5.00 am packing to go and during the night you may hear a plane or cars and being near the toilet block there are always people walking past.  I was going to see if I could get a job and maybe find out Tuesday (as it is a long weekend here) but I am a bit over the camp ground and I don't know how I would go here for 3 weeks as I have already been here for nearly a week.
Anyway yesterday I went to the Botanical Gardens for a wander - they have an amazing community vegie garden there built in a terrace style.  Heaps of tomatoes and eggplant and pumpkins.  I then went to the wave lagoon which is at the waterfront.  It was fun and you get a floating ring or a boogie board.   Then I went by myself to the deckchair cinema again!   I saw "Take this Waltz".  It wasn't as good as the movie the night before.  I had a Indian meal at the cinema and it was so good and then icecream!   Anyway I think I will be heading off to Kakadu soon and bush again so no opportunities for eating out or movies then!

2 comments:

  1. Hi everyone,
    It would be great if you could leave your name if you follow the blog! You don't even have to say anything! Thank you hugs xxxxxxx Barb
    In Kakadu

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH KAKADU!!! what a beautiful place, There is an amazing wetlands place there a few K off the main rd that is just another world..., cant remember the name----millions of different birds!!!
    Have a wonderful time Barbs. Your not missing any great weather in stanley---It was cold enough to snow yesteday.
    Love Lees

    ReplyDelete