Saturday 11 August 2012

Little challenges

Poor Myrtle.  She has a squeaky aircon fan belt and thought I better get it fixed as I have been reluctant to use airconditioning.    I was recommended a good aircon mechanic by lovely Ellen (who used to work at BHS and now in Katherine) who had a cuppa with me yesterday.  He was very kind to offer to fix it today (Saturday) but after helping me eventually to get right fan belts at Repco he found one of the bolts seized  and if he broke the bolt undoing it, it would mean I would be stuck in car park until Toyota opened on Monday as I would have to get part from them.  Anyway I have the names of some guys with garages that will help me next week.   
I am having a great time however sometimes I just get over the whole shower/toilet block with nowhere to put clothes and having to wear thongs, the small van with stuff everywhere, dirty camp kitchens that lazy backpackers don't clean (and who also make noises into the night).  Having dirty and dusty feet.  When having a unpowered site you have to find a power point in the laundry or camp kitchen to recharge phones, laptop etc and generally someone has 6 double adaptors plugged into all of them.  Anyway I have had my vent!  All is good.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah Barby I know what you mean, Sometimes you really get over other people especially when youve been out bush and have only the nature to enjoy.
    I came back from work today and did a round of your house doing a security check in my security uniform. All was good. Nothing to report. Love you Barbs, Hope Myrtle is better soon.
    Lees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh... you didn't bust me stealing leaves from her bay tree then! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Oh dear you've reminded me of a school trip (many years ago).. only 3 days into the trip mind you.. rain rain rain, leaking tent, cold, wet, hungry. And then there was the walk in the high country when it snowed, walking all day in snow without snow shoes, not good!! Hope it cools down a little. Take care x

    ReplyDelete