Monday 20 August 2012

along the way

I ended up leaving Kununurra on Saturday afternoon.  I had a lovely morning at the market in the park and bought some fresh vegies and a frozen mango puree thing in a cup.  So nice.  Also some spring rolls.  I booked for a tour of the Bungle Bungles so I had to drive to 250 k from Kununurra to the caravan park at the Bungle Bungle's turn off.  The park is at Mabel Downs station and they take you in on a 4WD bus and it takes 2 hours to do 50 k to the National Park and I can't remember how many river crossings.  Then 2 hours walking (3 walks) then lunch and back on the bus for an hour's drive to the other end of the range and another 1 hour walk and back on the bus for 2 1/2 hours back to campground.  The scenery is amazing but it was very hot and it was a long drive back and the road is so rough.  Dinner (pea and ham soup and damper and beef stew and rice) that night was included so glad I didn't have to do anything!  What sat by a fire and then had dinner in a big tent.   This morning up early (as the sun gets ups early) and drove to Fitzroy Crossing.  I have had a swim in the pool - very nice.  Tomorrow off to Geike Gorge.

3 comments:

  1. Have just remembered that I keep forgetting to find the link to read your blog, Barb. Sorry! As you can see I'm here now!
    You sound like you are having a great time and I love the photos. You are certainly in a warmer spot, it's been very cold back here. My aunty passed away so we've done a trip to Mudgee and that was warmer too.
    Pleased to know Myrtle is going well. Keep on having fun, love, Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb,
    greetings from extremely hot Vienna! 38 degrees today. Aren't there crocs in Geike Gorge? Have fun and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Beth, Sorry to hear about your aunty. I am sure Spring is on the way to Beechworth soon. x B

    Hi A And A, I didn't know it got that hot in Vienna. So excited about your visit to Australia. x B

    ReplyDelete