Friday 10 August 2012

Other stuff

All the people one meets along the way makes the trip so interesting.  At Pine Creek my campground neighbours were riding their pushbikes around Australia.  He said he was from Nottingham in England.  They rode their bikes from Shanghai to Singapore and now from Darwin, Litchfield and were on their way to Katherine via Edith Falls.  Then they were going to head west to do the Gibb River Road.   They left Pine Creek a couple of hours before me and I passed them on the highway and then as I was driving out of Edith Falls I saw them  only about a 5 ks out of the falls!   They are nearly as fast as Myrtle.
I met another woman travelling alone.  She was heading back to Darwin where she is living.  She showed me her van and when she pulled back the material over the door way her van was decorated like Mandy's hippy shop in Beechworth.  There was candles and oils and decorations hanging down.  She even had little pot plants she carried around of basil, mint etc.   I also saw some people at Maysie's cafe in Pine Creek that I had seen 3 times before in my travels.  Maysie's must be an a bit of well known spot.  It is decked out in 50s/60s retro.  Anyway I better get some sleep.  I don't always sleep well in crowded caravan parks.  I love the ones in national parks and free spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment