Wednesday 3 October 2012

What day is it?

Sometimes I forget how long ago I did what??  Last Saturday night I camped at Cape Burney south of Geraldton.  A little seaside place.  Since I left home, going up the centre, it has always been a lot of travellers from over the world and Australia.    It was the long weekend and school holidays so most of the people staying at the seaside places are Perth holiday makers.  I am feeling a bit like the odd one out.  It was a cute little park near the beach.  Some tiny little old holiday cottages.  The beach had heaps of seaweed on it.  I drove down to Seabird (a nother park near the beach and also lots of seaweed - not normally like this) and met up with Sandra and Bob who I met in Darwin caravan park.  I spent a nice evening there with them and their friends and then headed into Perth the next afternoon and then stayed at their place in Perth.  Then yesterday Sandra and I headed out to Rottnest Island and had a fun day bike riding around the island.  It is a beautiful place and the beaches are gorgeous.  The water was icey but I had a dip anyway because it was so beautiful.  The weather turned a bit cooler and overcaste just before we were due to get the ferry back to Freemantle so we timed the trip well.  Last night I caught up with Joel (Tom's friend) from Stanley who is studying in Perth and we went to Little Creatures to eat.  I hadn't been there before and it was great to catch up for a chat with Joel.  I slept in the van in Joel's drive way and this morning will head off for a look around Freo.  I was going to walk into Perth from South Perth but it is raining heavily now so that will have to wait.   I haven't seen rain like this in about 3 months!  At least it will give Myrtle a wash.  On Friday I will head up to near Perejori to Charles Darwin Reserve.  Luke from Stanley is working there and I am going to cook for some volunteers and scientists that will be visiting there for a few weeks - then head home - well that is the plan. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Barb just testing how to comment while steve is home Love Jan

    ReplyDelete