Tuesday 16 October 2012

Nine days Fifteen people - Feed them Well - I did it!!

Well the group left yesterday morning and I thought I would have a relaxing few days before the next lot arrive Wednesday evening.  Well I will but yesterday there was clean up in the morning with the group.   Also a request  made for a certain visitor to dress in red and blue to attend a birthday party for B who turned 5!.  He had a few local friends come from kinder ...  well they probably had to drive around 60 - 80 ks to get here.   He had a lovely day - F decorated and did great food and L organised a big treasure hunt.

Yesterday afternoon we went into Perejori to drop off Myrtle at the mechanics.  Nothing serious - I hope.  Just a service and to check out the squeal when I start the engine!   Back to WW homestead and dinner with L & B and an early night.

Today I will clean out fridges, cupboards, check orders, clean and also a new stove is being installed as the other one had seen better days and did not heat up that well so I am lucky the baked goods turned out as well as they did.

The other morning I went for a walk with K and M (L & F's friends from NE V) down a road on the property and we saw red kangaroos and heaps of different animal tracks along the road.  It was great guessing what they were.  Some obvious but others not so.   You often see emus running around and some followed by chicks.   Some wonderful bird noises as well - one sounds like a pushbike pump.

On the last night with the group was here we went out to red hand rock where there is indigenous rock out stencils and beautiful rock formations.  It is also where the feral goats hang out.  No goats but lots of goat poo.  It was up high and a beautiful lookout.   The group then went out to the Monger Salt Lake which is huge and on the side of the road to Perenjori.  They did sunset there and the photos were amazing.  I will go out another time as I was back cooking and baking beer damper to go with the soup.  I was going to do tuna mornay but some of the group were not keen (the tuna is a home brand stuff and dry and horrible and from Thailand I think).   So I made chicken and vegi soup with a lot of the vegies left and it was yum with the hot beer damper.  We had pikelets in the morning with a bit of jam and cream.  I don't think any of the participants starved while they were here.
I will find time to read today and have a bike ride around the property. 

No comments:

Post a Comment