Wednesday 31 October 2012

Not long now

I am sitting in the van overlooking the ocean at Robe.  It is a beautiful little town and I'm looking forward to exploring the place tomorrow.  I am sampling the pickled prawns I bought at Harry's somewhere between Pt Augusta and Adelaide and they are yummy and I think I better have a beer to go with it (thanks to Joe and Tim who gave me their left over beer from CDR - I have finished the left over rum thanks Paul).    It was an interesting drive down through the (or past the) Coorong  (I am not sure what the Coorong is - the land or the water??) .  After I left Tailem Bend you go a way and then there is Lake Alexanda and then Lake Albert on the right and the The Coorong.  Tomorrow I will head for Mt Gambier.  Today I bumped into some lovely people when I stopped to take a photo who were moving from Perth to Queensland.  It is wonderful travelling and meeting people along the way.  They make the trip. 

I had a great time with A & J in Adelaide.  J had her volunteer day at the zoo yesterday and then I went with A to the Adelaide Markets (I just love the markets - all the food and the displays make food so exciting!).  Then A (who likes to have a bit of a bet on the geegees some time) said there was a horse called Barbara Joy racing at Seymour so we had to put a bet on that at the pub and have a cider (a pint - it was huge and I couldn't finish it!).  What happened to the horse you may ask - she came last!    Then we went to the zoo to see the pandas (they are soo cute) and met with J and then off to dinner at their daughter's (Jody)  to see her new place and see her girls (J & A's grandchildren).

I packed up Myrtle this morning after a walk around the neighbour and headed south east. 

The more I travel and see,  makes me realise how much more there is to see!   I am mentally making a list of places already - Kangaroo Island, Flinders Ranges...........  a 4WD would be good too!
 Though at this stage I am a bit tired of driving and Myrtle has done an amazing job of just keeping going.   

Well it has definitely  been an amazing journey and home isn't far away and it will be lovely to be home and again and see my friends and spend time in my garden.  Also it will be exciting to go through all my photos and do something with them. 




2 comments: