Tuesday 9 October 2012

More Kitchen Fare

Sunday night I did a very good spaghetti bolognese  and we had a broccoli, zucchini and mushroom salad.  And the anzac biscuits disappeared quickly in the evening.  I am feeling a bit more relaxed about everying and I think the burnt bottom dahl has been forgotten.

I have been reading when I have a break in the day.  I found some of Fiona's old Frankie magazines which I devoured.    lso a book written by William McInnes and Sarah Watt - "Worse things happen at sea".  Beautifully written and some lovely photos.  Just memories of family life.  Memories everyone could identify with from their past.  I cried and then laughed in the next second.  I was crying when he described his mother's dying moments.  When the doctor asked if there was anything she needed, was there anything that was making her uncomfortable and in a small voice she said "Tony Abbott". 

Yesterday morning I cooked some muffins - chocolate, strawberry and banana and some pear, apple and almond meal muffins.    I has lost a bit of weight since leaving home and I now think it is because I haven't been baking.   Well now maybe..

In the evening I did Thai Green Curry Chicken which turned out well but a bit difficult to stir fry chicken and vegs on a large scale and it all ended up in a big pot.   Luke lent me the rice cooker which made everything so easy and I will buy one when I get home.   They have so many cucumbers I have been googling recipes to use them - I did a Thai cucumber and spring onion and chili salad with fish sauce.    A couple of wines to finish up with (which wasn't a good idea as sometimes wine and me mean headache!)  I was going to go out with the crew this morning to check traps but ended up going back to bed. 

This morning I pottered around and made stewed apple as there was a box of grannies and have done the crumble ready for tonight.   

Fiona, Tanami and Banjo came back early today.  Banjo and Tanami have grown so much and it is only 3 months since I have seen them.  It  will be great to have a catch up.


No comments:

Post a Comment