Saturday 27 October 2012

A long straight road

After leaving Coolgardie it was about 2 1/2 hours to Norseman.  I had a walk around there and then headed east on the long road.  I stopped at Balladonia Roadhouse for a coffee and then headed back on the road east.    I got to a free camp spot about 5.00 pm and tucked in for the night.  There were about 6 other vans pulled up.   I awoke with the light this morning and  after a cup of tea and toast I headed along the road again and looked at the clock and it was 5.30 am.  There is a long stretch of road that is straight for  146 ks.  The longest straight stretch in Australia.  I stopped at Eucla for lunch and to stretch the legs.   The time zones are hard to keep track of.  Now on Adelaide time.   It seems like such a long way when on your own and doing all the driving.  It is windy and hard work keeping Myrtle on the road.  Tonight I am at the Nullabor Roadhouse - $27 for a powered site and $1 for a 5 min hot shower.  I have had a beer and feta and biscuits so it think that will be dinner. I was going to open a can of baked beans but it is so windy outside and it would blow out my butane burner and don't feel like lighting the gas inside.   Early start tomorrow and hope to get to Port Augusta. 

1 comment: