Saturday 29 September 2012

travelling south

School holidays started last night so the roads are busier.  I am by the beach in Geraldton and it is pretty and the ocean a gorgeous colour.  Windy though and cooler (as you expect travelling south) so it feels so different.  It is amazing how the body gets used to the constant warmer temperatures that when it is a tiny bit colder it feels sooo much colder.  The landscaped changes on the way down to larger bushes and some wildflowers and then the paddocks with trees and grasses - I found that I was missing the flat plains and spinifex and wide open spaces.  I think the red dirt, heat, remoteness and life style of the north gets under the skin.   Travelling solo has its moments.  Sometimes I have a big smile on my face and I am thoroughly enjoying the adventure and other times it is hard work and I would love someone to be sitting in the seat beside me sharing the journey. (I am sure I have said this before in a previous post but today is one of those days.  People are so important - family, friends, acquaintances - all add to the journey of life and without them it lacks the reflection of who I am.  Add to that nature and landscape we are in and it is an amazing planet!!!  No is midday and I haven't been drinking!  Just waffling on.  AFL grand final today I hear.  Who am I cheering for - neither side really.   It has been lovely to get comments - even if you don't know me and come across my post by accident please leave a comment and say hi.  It would be nice to know who I talking to.  It has also been great to chat to friends on the phone.  I do appreciate the contact and support from home and elsewhere.  Mobile phones can be very handy.  xxxxoooooooo

3 comments:

  1. Hey Barbs, enjoy the adventure Im sure you will miss it when you return. even though you will love being home---noplace like home. But sometimes home will feel whever you are. If your connecting to the place and people thats home! Have a great time at the station, and go cook up a storm!
    Will check out your garden this week.
    Love Lees

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have already had a snake in the yard xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading your blog Barbara. What will you cook?? I think the cooking part is more challenging than driving Myrtle! I would just open a tin or two!! Ha Ha. Hae fun. Look forward to hearing your stories when you get back. xx

    ReplyDelete