Sunday 9 September 2012

Pannawonica Rodeo

We drove about 2 hours down the road to the Rodeo yesterday.  Pannawonica is a small Rio Tinto mining town.   It was a 3 day event but we just went for the Saturday.  There is a huge camp area with lots of people set up for the night.  It was interesting to go as I have never been to a rodeo before but I don't think it is very kind for the bulls or horses.
Tom, Petra, Julie and me in the big shovel at the Pannawonica turnoff

The boot tree



Breakfast time - nearly everyone has packed up and left


cowboy
It is a big event and people come a long way to watch and compete.   In the evening there were a couple of bands and one was the Sunny Cowgirls who were great.  I went back after the band finished to have my first night in a swag.  I think I just got to sleep and the partying continued in the camp area to the early hours so I didn't get much sleep.  It was so nice in the swag though looking up at the moon and stars.

2 comments: