Thursday 20 September 2012

Pilbara

Petra and Tom at a look out in Karratha

"Sugar" being held by Ollie (one of Tom's work mates)

4WD in the sand dunes (we got stuck - but only temporarily)  Then Tom let me have a drive.  I have never driven in 4WD in sand - I was sort of brave.

After digging and a few sticks we are off and away

So hot that we didn't do the walks!  Typical Pilbara scenery.

near python pool

I was so looking forward to a swim on such a hot day - but couldn't because of the blue green algae.  This pool has not seen rain or running water for a while.

"Sugar" is a lovely little orphaned joey who Petra is looking after.  "Sugar" was in the car when the accident happened that took darling Emma.  Emma had been looking after "Sugar" so Petra has taken over the job.  It is so lovely having "Sugar" around - she is so delicate and gets on with the little dogs so well.


2 comments:

  1. Love that landscape! And how cute is Sugar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad on went on a pilbara expidition instead of leaving today!
    Oh How I love that desert scape----It feels like another home to me.

    ReplyDelete