Tuesday 18 September 2012

A sad time.....

All my other posts have been of my happy adventures .... this time my post is written with a heavy heart.  Tom and Petra have lost a dear friend from Lyndon Station.  On the weekend at the cattle station there was a single car accident involving 3 of the overseas workers.  Dear Emma (from Ireland)  died in the accident and the other two were injured. (one being a friend of Emma's who had come out from Ireland to spend time with her).   My heart goes out to her parents who would have received the phone call that no parent wants to receive.    Petra was down at the station with the Brian and Julie for the weekend.  Tom and I were here in Karratha as he had to work on the weekend.  I intended to head down to visit soon and catch up with everyone  (the girls I had only just met at the rodeo the weekend before).   I will still go down to the station to see Cath, Sean and the kids.  It will be a sad time.  Emma had worked there for over a year at first as a nanny and then as the cook.  In memory of Emma.

2 comments:

  1. Tears for all!!!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Barb, that's sad, sad news. I hope Tom & Petra & you are doing okay. Hugs to you all. xoxo

    ReplyDelete