Saturday 21 June 2014

Across and up........

Wednesday was a very frosty morning and very dark when Lara took me to the bus in Beechworth.  Only a few on the bus (driven by Cuppy)  at that time of the morning and arrived in Wang to the fog and cold and had a lovely latte and muffin at Cafe Derailleur  before catching the train to Broadmeadows.   It is so convenient being able to get the bus at Broadmeadows to the airport and free with a Vline ticket.  A few hours at the airport to fill in before the flight to Perth.  
I was surprised the plane was so big and so many seats across (10 I think) probably an airbus and the first time I had been on one.  I hadn't been on a plane that big since I went overseas a long time ago!   I used to sleep on planes but with the little TV screens on the seat in front now I find myself watching movies all the way.  Watched The Grand Budapest Hotel - it was OK, a bit quirky.    Arriving in Perth it was another wait until the flight to Karratha.  Another cuppa and a look around the shops.  It was interesting to see that the majority of air travellers at Perth airport were men who were obviously FIFO workers in the mines.    I arrived in Karratha at 6.30 pm (WA time) so it had been a very long day.  So happy to see Tom waiting for me!!  Only a short drive to Tom and Petra's home.  Dinner and bed zzzzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment